Tickets on sale July 1st (JST).
Geisha EveningsⓇ in Kanazawa
2018 Autumn Performance
At Traditional Teahouse Kaikaro
[ Dates ] October 1 - November 9 , 2018
________Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
[ Time ] 18:00-19:30 (Doors open 17:30)
[ Place ] Teahouse KAIKARO “懐華樓”
* The date with a ● mark in the calendar is for a performance with dinner (Enyukai: Geisha Party). Book it via Experience Kanazawa !
THE EVENT IS ENTIRELY IN ENGLISH
*Warning: If you are unable to understand this language, we are afraid that you will not be able to enjoy the event.
This is not only just a show, but also an experience of the authentic, traditional way with great hospitality at Kanazawa’s largest teahouse.
English speech by the landlady on geisha and teahouse culture.
At this show, Kaikaro’s landlady, Lady Baba, will provide her opening remarks in English, introduce the geisha, and clarify certain aspects of geisha culture. After enjoying the geisha’s performance, roughly ten guests at a time will be selected to join in with the authentic style. Guests will partake in traditional party attractions next to one of the geisha on the stage, such as Taiko drumming and a game.
The Benefits of This Event
• Appreciate an evening performance in the geisha district
• Spend 90 minutes in an active traditional teahouse building
• Learn about the culture in English from the landlady
• Discover some of the secrets of geisha and the system
• Live music and performance in a genuine Kanazawa Geisha play
How to Purchase
At The Ticket Booth
• From JR Kanazawa station: 1.9km /24-min walk
• From Ohmicho Market: 1.0km /12-min walk
• From Kenrokuen Garden: 1.1km /14-min walk
• From Nagamachi Bukeyashiki: 2.3km /28-min walk
1-14-8, Higashiyama, Kanazawa, Ishikawa
Phone : 076-253-0591 [Japanese]